The owners meeting elected the new Board of Directors, which now includes:
• Head of Passenger Service Department, OJSC Russian Railways – Gennadiy Verkhovykh,
• Deputy Head of Planning and Budgeting Department, OJSC Russian Railways – Vladimir Gatsa,
• First Deputy Head of the Moscow Railway – Alexandr Furtsev,
• LLC Aeroexpress Board member – Maxim Liksutov,
• LLC Aeroexpress Board member – Elena Poder,
• General Director, LLC Aeroexpress – Alexey Krivoruchko.
The newly elected Board unanimously re-elected Gennadiy Verkhovykh as its Chairman at its first meeting which took place on the same day.
2009 is an extremely important year in the development of the company. Last year the company opened its terminal at Belorussky Railway Station, launched Aeroexpresses on the Belorussky Railway Station – Sheremetyevo Airport line, developed a high-frequency train schedule and introduced a flexible fare system. The introduction of new services, revamping of rolling stock, development of sales technologies and constant feedback from its consumers enabled Aeroexpress to work efficiently during the recession in the air service market and finish the year of 2009 with significantly improved key performance indicators.
All the actions were primarily aimed to improve the quality of passenger service. At the end of the previous year, LLC Aeroexpress' quality management system was certified as complying with the international standard ISO 9001:2008 (Railway Passenger Service).
8,3 mln passengers used the Aeroexpress service in 2009, of which 6,8 mln people account for the intermodal service (+4% against 2008). As at the end of 2009, the share in the total passenger traffic between the city and the airports came to almost 17% (+2% against 2008).