Conditions of Carriage
1. General conditions
1.1 These Conditions are set in compliance with the following regulations:
- Federal Law of the Russian Federation on ‘Russian Railway Regulations’ No.18-FZ dated 10 January 2003;
- ‘Conditions of Rail Carriage for Passengers and Cargo, Baggage, and Cargo Luggage, Transported for Personal, Family and Other Needs Not of a Business Character’, approved by Order No.111, issued by the government of the Russian Federation on 2 March 2005;
- Conditions of Rail Carriage for Passengers, Baggage, and Cargo Luggage, approved by Order No. 473, issued by the Russian Ministry of Transport on 19 December 2013; and
- Other regulations of the Russian Federation.
2. Carriage of passengers
2.1 To travel aboard Aeroexpress trains, each passenger is obliged to:
- Buy an Aeroexpress-valid single one-way or round trip ticket, or a railcard;
- Keep the ticket for the duration of the journey, until he/she passes a ticket check point. A passenger, who is not able to provide a ticket when passing the ticket check point, may be treated as having travelled without a ticket and may be required to pay the full single fare.
- Present his/her ticket to conductors (stewards) checking tickets aboard Aeroexpress trains;
- Present his/her ticket to conductors (stewards) checking tickets when boarding the Aeroexpress Business Class carriage;
- Present documents confirming the right to discounts or free travel (if the passenger is entitled to such privileges) to conductors (stewards) checking tickets aboard Aeroexpress trains.
2.2 The validity of travel documents (tickets) shall be determined according to the company's fare policy.
2.3 If the validity of the ticket expires, when the passenger is travelling on the train, the ticket remains valid until the train reaches its destination.
2.4 Children under six (6) years may accompany a fare-paying passenger free of charge. Child’s tickets must be bought on the date of the journey for travellers aged six (6) to seven (7). Should the conductor (steward) doubt the age of child passengers, travelling for free or on a child’s ticket, they may ask the passenger to show documented proof of the children’s age.
Children over 7 years shall travel on a standard adult ticket.
The child’s age is determined as of the date the journey begins. If a child turns seven (7) years on the date of the journey, he/she should travel on a child’s ticket.
2.5 Single tickets and railcards (as well as weekend railcards), issued for travelling on non-Aeroexpress suburban trains, are not valid on Aeroexpress trains. If a passenger provides such ticket or a railcard, he/she may be treated as travelling on board the Aeroexpress train without a ticket, and may be liable to pay the full fare for the journey.
2.6 One fare-paying passenger may occupy only one seat. Passengers are allowed to travel standing, provided that all the seats in the train are occupied. The fa
2.7 A person entitled to discounted or free travel shall be issued a ticket in a manner compliant with the requirements of applicable Russian Federation laws.
In respect of each accident happening to passengers while travelling on Aeroexpress trains, a Certificate on a Railroad and Train Accident (see Appendix No. 1) shall be drawn and delivered to the affected passenger or any other person entitled to receive such certificate.
3. Conditions of carriage for passangers travelling on electronic tickets.
3.1 Electronic tickets are distributed via the website at www.aeroexpress.ru, the mobile website at www.aeroexpress.ru/en/m, and the Aeroexpress mobile application.
3.2 Free and discounted tickets, as well as railcards are not issued in the form of electronic tickets.
4. Refund on tickets.
4.1 Single tickets that remain unused by the passenger due to personal reasons are not refundable. A full refund is only provided, if Aeroexpress trains have not travelled for more than one hour, due to an unscheduled maintenance break. A passenger can be given a full refund on his/her unused Aeroexpress ticket only within the period of the unscheduled maintenance break at the passenger departure station.
4.2 The carrier shall only provide refunds on railcards after a passenger has submitted a written request to Aeroexpress ticket offices located at the Kievsky Rail Terminal.
4.3 The refund amount shall be determined by dividing the cost of the railcard by the number of days the railcard remains valid or else by the number of journeys and multiplying by the actual number of days remaining until the railcard expires, counting from the date it is returned, or else the number of unused journeys. If a railcard is returned before it becomes valid (or before using it for travelling), it is subject to a full refund./p>
4.4 The refund shall be paid within ten (10) days of the date the written application has been submitted by the passenger.
4.5 For the return of an unused or partially unused Aeroexpress railcard, the passenger is charged by the carrier with a fee for processing the refund for unused travel documents (tickets).
4.6 In all cases when the refund is paid for unused or partially unused travel documents (tickets), all travel documents (tickets) and receipts for various fees (originals) are retained by the carrier and serve as the basis for the refund.
4.7 Refunds for unused travel document (ticket) paid by wire transfer or bank card, shall be returned to the bank account of the legal entity or individual who paid for such travel document (ticket).
5. Conditions of carriage for hand luggage and baggage
5.1 Placing hand luggage between seats, in passages and train vestibules is prohibited.
5.2 Small pets, dogs, and birds must be conveyed in boxes, cages or containers, and placed on luggage racks. Large dogs and working dogs must be conveyed in a train vestibule (maximum two dogs). They must be muzzled and kept on leads by their owners or accompanying passengers, who are liable for compliance with the train sanitation rules. The transport of cats and muzzled small dogs, kept on leashes by their owners or accompanying passengers, is possible without carriage containers.
5.3 Small pets, dogs, and birds may be conveyed in addition to permitted baggage, if the passenger can provide their veterinary certificates.
5.4 It is prohibited to carry animals and birds that can endanger the lives of other passengers and the train company's employees.
5.5 Passengers are responsible for the safe handling and security of their luggage.
6.1 The following is prohibited aboard Aeroexpress trains:
- Travelling in clothes and conveying hand luggage, items or food that can dirty other passengers, train carriages, facilities or constructions located at the stations.
- Placing baggage and/or hand luggage on passenger seats.
- Conveying items that may cause damage to or dirty a train carriage, as well as items which give off unpleasant smells, or inflammable, toxic, explosive, and other hazardous substances. Any firearm conveyed as hand luggage must be kept unloaded in a cover, holster or special case, separated from its ammunition.
- The consumption of any alcoholic beverages and travelling heavily intoxicated.
- Preventing the opening and closing of the self-closing doors at train stops and opening the doors before the train has stopped.
- Damaging the equipment and windows of the locomotives and carriages.
- Disturbing other passengers, gambling, or littering.
- Stopping the train using the emergency brake switch, unless necessary.
- Smoking in train carriages and vestibules.
6.2 A passenger may be asked to leave the train by:
- Representatives of the Department of Internal Affairs or security officers accompanying the train, if the passenger violates the conditions of carriage and disturbs the public order when travelling or boarding the train.
- Conductors (stewards), should a passenger who is travelling without a valid ticket or on a ticket for non-Aeroexpress suburban trains refuse to pay the appropriate fare.
- Healthcare specialists, should a passenger be ill and his/her illness prevents the passenger from further travelling aboard the Aeroexpress train or endangers the health of other passengers, if there is no possibility to isolate the passenger.
In any other cases as set out by laws of the Russian Federation.
7. Rights of Conductors (Stewards)
7.1Conductors (stewards) are entitled to:
- Check tickets aboard trains and during boarding Business Class carriages.
- Ask passengers to show documents confirming the right to discounted or free travel (if the passengers are entitled to such privileges) aboard the train.
- Require ticketless passengers to pay the appropriate Aeroexpress fare and the fee for issuing a ticket.
- Require passengers to pay additional fares for children over five years old, overweight luggage, and outsized hand luggage, as well as the fee for issuing a ticket.
- Remove passengers from the train, who refuse to pay the travel fare.
Conditions of carriage by aeroexpress buses for passengers and baggage on the section of the road between Moscow (Khovrino metro station) and Sheremetyevo Airport (terminal B)
1. General provisions
1.1. The limited liability company Aeroexpress (hereinafter referred to as the Company) is a commercial organisation. Passenger transportation services are provided along a regular route at a fixed price, agreed upon in advance in a due manner (hereinafter referred to as the route).
1.2. Fares for travelling aboard Company vehicles are charged in accordance with the fare concept developed and approved by the Company.
1.3. The Company’s liability for causing damage to life, health and property of passengers is insured in compliance with effective laws. All up-to-date information regarding such insurance is provided on a corresponding notice board on every vehicle serving the route.
2. Getting on and off
2.1. Passengers get on and off buses at designated bus stops located along the route. They can do so only after the vehicle has completely stopped and only at places posing no risks to passengers and other road users. Vehicles can only be entered through the front door.
3. Payments and discounts
3.1. Passengers travelling along the route by Company vehicles shall have tickets (of an established form).
3.2. Tickets can be purchased from a driver at the bus stop or via the Company’s website at aeroexpress.ru.
3.3. E-tickets must be provided to the driver before travel.
3.4. Given the fact that passenger transportation services are provided along the route at fixed fares, no discounts or free tickets are available to persons entitled to receive social services funded by the federal and regional governments.
3.5. Passengers must keep their tickets during the entire trip and provide a ticket at the first request of persons checking tickets.
3.6. The prices of travel and baggage and hand luggage transportation are specified on special informational stickers inside vehicles and also in the corresponding section of the Company’s website (aeroexpress.ru). The price of travel is defined in accordance with the Company’s fare rule concept.
3.7. In the case that a trip is interrupted by a breakdown, accident or due to other reasons, passengers may use their tickets to travel on a vehicle running along the same route.
3.8. The Company can refuse to sell tickets if vehicle capacity has been exceeded.
4. Passengers do not need to pay for the following:
4.1. Children under seven (5) years old, who do not occupy an individual seat. Passengers must provide a document confirming the child’s age.
4.2. A guide dog, pending that it is muzzled and on a leash, provided that a special document can be presented.
4.3. One piece of hand luggage, the total height-width-length dimensions of which shall not exceed 120 cm (e.g. skis in a case, baby sledges, and a stroller). In every case, the driver determines whether it is possible to transport hand luggage, depending on the number of travelling passengers and design peculiarities of the vehicle.
4.4. Baggage, for which the height-width-length dimensions do not exceed 180 cm.
4.5. Pets (dogs and cats) and birds, provided that they are carried in special containers or cages and placed in the hand luggage and baggage compartments.
5. General conditions of carriage
5.1. Passengers may not place a child in standing position on seats. This makes the vehicle’s interior and other passengers’ clothes dirty.
5.2. Passengers shall be responsible for the safe handling and security of their luggage. It is not permitted to place hand luggage on seats intended for sitting, in the aisles between the seats, or near the vehicle’s entrance/exit, including the emergency exit.
5.3. If passengers detect property, documents, money and other valuables left by someone aboard the vehicle, they must not touch them and should immediately inform the driver about this.
6. The following is prohibited:
6.1. Travelling without a ticket.
6.2. Transporting flammables, explosives, toxic and poisonous substances, firearms, piercing and cutting objects not encased and without proper protective packaging, as well as objects and things that would make the vehicle’s interior and other passengers’ clothes dirty.
6.3. Smoking on the bus, travelling intoxicated, drinking alcoholic beverages and drinks containing alcohol, and disturbing public order.
6.4. Putting one’s head out of the window and littering.
6.5. Distracting the driver, talking to them while they are driving, and hindering vehicle movement unless necessary.
6.6. Using mechanisms opening the doors and hindering automatic doors’ closing or opening, unless it is necessary to prevent an accident.
7. Drivers must do the following:
7.1. Observe the road and passenger transportation rules.
7.2. Give tickets to passengers who have paid for travel and baggage transportation.
7.3. Take the measures outlined in applicable laws and the Company’s internal regulations in the case of an accident or emergency.
7.4. Strictly follow the established route.
7.5. Keep their vehicles clean and in good condition, maintain order inside a vehicle, be polite and helpful with passengers, and provide them with necessary information about the route.
7.6. In the case that suspicious objects are found in the vehicle, to not touch them, do take measures to ensure safety and security of passengers, and immediately inform law enforcement authorities and the dispatching centre.
8. Drivers may:
8.1. Ask passengers to leave the vehicle if they break these Conditions of Carriage and take corresponding measures.
9. Drivers are prohibited from doing the following:
9.1. Taking passengers’ property, documents and other valuables as a pledge when settling with passengers.
9.2. Transporting more passengers than is allowed for according to the vehicle operation regulations.
9.3. Driving when the vehicle doors are not completely closed.
9.4. Allow persons, who are not specified in a waybill, to operate the vehicle.
9.5. Smoke inside the vehicle.
9.6. Deviate from the established route.
10. Passengers’ liabilities
10.1. Passengers shall be subject to administrative sanctions in compliance with the applicable laws of the Russian Federation in the case that they violate public order and cause damage to other passengers, vehicle interior and equipment, intentionally or through negligence.
- These rules were approved and came into effect as of 31 January 2019, according to Order No. 13, signed by Aeroexpress’ CEO on 31 January 2019.